Urological cancers are types of cancer that start from the cells of the urinary tract. In fact, urologists usually treat urological cancers with surgery, radiation therapy, or chemotherapy. But what about prevention? This article discusses different methods for prevention such as diet and exercise, sunscreen use, and smoking cessation.
What is Urological Cancer?
Urological cancer is a type of cancer that starts spreading in the urinary tract, but can also begin in other organs such as the kidney, bladder or prostate, penis and testes.
These cancers can affect men and women equally.
⦁ This illness often occurs as a result of smoking which causes more cells to mutate and grow rapidly.
⦁ Urological cancer tends to be aggressive and hard to detect until it has gone undetected for too long.
Signs and Symptoms of Urology Cancer
Many people might be diagnosed with urology cancer during the early stages of the disease.If your urology specialist suspects that you have urology cancer, they are likely to request a physical exam and blood test.
Following are signs and symptoms of urology cancer :
- blood in the urine
- The rise in PSA levels
- a sore on or near the penis
- Testicular lump
It is important to recognize the signs and symptoms of urology cancer in order to see early treatment and consult a nearby urology clinic. Signs and symptoms may vary depending on whether the cancer is located in the prostate, bladder, kidney, or testicles. Signs and symptoms such as a mass, pain, swelling, or discharge are often common with these cancers.
Treatment Options for Urological Cancer
There are many treatment options for bladder cancer such as :
The treatments recommended for urological cancer depend on how aggressive the tumour is and how advanced it is.
How to Choose a Urological Cancer Treatment Center
When it comes to Urological Cancer Treatment Centers, you should always ask what they are doing with their research. The best centres will strongly focus on research and studies that consistently come up with new treatments and discoveries.
- Knowing what to do for your urologic cancer is one of the most important aspects of wellness, and there are many ways that you can go about doing so.
- By choosing a centre that can provide you with all the care needed and ensuring they have ample experience treating different types of urologic cancers.
- There is no one right treatment for urological cancers. It is up to you and your urology specialists to decide which treatments are best for you.
The Importance of Diet
Diet is more important than previously thought. It has also been shown that diet can lower the risk of developing urinary cancer by 50%.
- Some foods known to lower the risk of urinary cancer include vegetables, fruits, and nuts.
- The diet recommended by a urologist doctor is the low carb ketogenic diet. This eliminates carbohydrates, replacing them with healthy fats like brown butter, avocado and olive oil.
- The diet is also supplemented with amino acids and minerals to help build muscle.
- Diet changes can help with symptoms, but they also have other benefits like reducing the risk of infection and lowering your risk of recurrence.
It is important to monitor one’s body weight and follow one’s doctor’s recommendations. Through various methods, including urology surgery, radiation therapy, and chemotherapeutic agents, urological cancers are treated. Many cancer treatments are not as effective at curing urological cancers as they are with other cancers. However, they provide quality of life while the patient is undergoing treatment.Having an experienced urologist and a dietician is crucial for successful treatment. Urological prostate cancer can be treated very effectively with radical prostatectomy or radiation therapy. Do get in touch for further information!